Tuesday, December 18, 2012

6 days till Christmas!! ACK!

Or should I be more worried about the two days between now and Doomsday??

Either way:  ACK!!!

I am totally not ready.  End of the world? Not a lot to do to prep for that, anyway, assuming it's something catastrophic.  Zombie hoards, that's another story.  But if I hear one more person say, "I can't wait for the end of the world!"  I will promptly load them on a truck to a third world country...or enlist them in the military.  Have all these Doomsday Daredevils even given a thought to the fact that the days of laying in front of the tv will be over?  No sleeping in, no wandering around the kitchen for a snack in  your tighty whiteys.  No more video games, conquering zombies while you drink a beer and decorate your generous belly with crumbs. Nope.  You'll be awake, standing watch, guarding your hoard...for about five minutes before a raging zombie takes you out.

Christmas, I could be prepped for that...eventually.   Just in time, like every other year.  I still have a little bit of shopping to finish, presents to mail, and crafts to...um...craft...before the big day hits.  Oh, and then there's cooking, baking, hanging stockings by the chimney with care, in hopes that I don't stress out and lose all my hair....oooo...bad rhyme.  True, though.

Actually, I'm pretty excited about starting the baking, relaxing to some holiday muzak and just enjoying time with the family.  Chipmunk is big enough to open presents this year, which will make the holiday extra special.  So far, 'Munk has loved the drive to look at Christmas lights, petting the camel in the village manger scene (not plastic or electric, but still pretty cool), and moving the ornaments around on our tree, not to mention the one at home.  That's what Christmas is all about!

Happy 6 days till Christmas, everyone!!

No comments: