Friday, December 21, 2012

It's The End Of The World As We Know It

...and I feel fiiiiinnne!!  Ok...now I have that R.E.M. song stuck in my head.

It's been a busy few days, with no time for blogging.

I kept Chipmunk and we had the bestest time, snuggling, reading story books, playing games, and singing silly songs as loudly as possible.   'Munk stayed overnight, and I loved the snuggling, but it is hard to sleep soundly with a toddler in the bed, so I was pretty exhausted when we took the little one home.  I know a lot of you are used to sleeping with snuggly toddlers, but if you aren't, and are worried the little one may roll out of bed or escape the clutches of a sleeping Nanna to be found making pancakes or eating a stick of butter, it's just not conducive to deep sleep.

It was pouring rain when we took 'Munk home.  I mean POURING...as in buckets...and the wind was insane...so I did the logical thing and drove an hour in my box kite of a car, sliding around on the interstate and blowing from lane to lane, to shop for Eöl's Christmas gifts.  (Someone tell him how freakin' lucky he is, because all I wanted to do was climb into bed and sleep for a day.)  His entire list (except for a Nerf gun *rolls eyes*) consisted of items from The Log Cabin Shop, a neat little place full of unusual books, homesteader type goodies, historical reenacting and muzzle loading necessities.  If you are into any of that, definitely check out the shop. I think they are family owned, and they can certainly answer any questions you have, or help a clueless (but loving) Country Wife find things on her hubby's list.  (Freakin' lucky, I say!!)

Of course, I'm lucky, as well, since Eöl insisted on going shopping after a long day of work, and I know he only wanted to crawl into bed and sleep for a week.  Not that I really asked for anything this year:  Plant lights and a USB thingamabob for music for my car  (music for my Soul lol), and some warm slippers.  *shrugs*  I have everything I really want. ;)

I have accomplished absolutely nothing today.  I went back to bed this morning and I should feel guilty for it, since Eöl had to venture out in the crappy weather to head to work.  It's snowing, and the wind is steadily hitting 40 mph.  I need to do the farm chores, clean house, wrap presents, and otherwise prep for Christmas.  I am torn about the end of the world...should I hope for it, so I don't have to clean house? Or should I be horrified that the world could end and I have a huge pile of dirty laundry, a sink full of dirty dishes, and floors that haven't seen a vacuum in three days??

I suppose if the world does end today, I could die happy, having seen Adam Ant's newest video.  Though it would be sad to die never having seen him in person.  :(




No comments: