So...more random goodies....
- We hatched our first guinea eggs this week! So far, four have hatched. We're hoping to fill the incubator at least once more with guinea eggs. Little Sis also planted a few of the eggs under our broody bantam hens. We're still waiting for results.
- This has been the wettest, rainiest, soggiest, grossest, messiest, muddiest, flooding-est, stormiest, and coldest spring I can remember. Did I mention it's raining almost daily? Flooding? Boot sucking muck from one end of the place to the other? Yep, all of the above.
- We did get a few days of heat and sunshine, highs in the 80's, but we are headed back into the cool temps (highs in the 50's) with mucho rain.
- I'm working every minute of overtime I can get, which has left me mega-exhausted. I can't complain, when my boss puts in at least twice the hours I do, is older than me (but not much), and never once complains. She's one tough cookie.
- I started planting today. I got a few beans in the ground before the thunder started. I'd hoped to have onions in by now, but have been too busy. I was going to do them today, but a wasp nest is in the way (inside a cold frame that needs to be moved), so I'm waiting for dark so I can spray them, then hopefully get the onions done tomorrow, weather permitting. (fat chance)
- I need to re-plant the rutabagas. The seed must've been old; nothing germinated.
- We have a fabulous slug shortage this year, thanks to our geese and Muscovy ducks now free ranging.