Friday, May 6, 2011

Oh...look...a birthday....

*sigh*  Getting older is not all it's cracked up to be.  Then again, it's not all that bad.  I remember when 43 seemed well past retirement and into adult diapers.  Ha.  I'm nowhere near retirement, and I'm hoping to stave off adult diapers until I'm at least 45.


Eöl and the kids worked hard to surprise me with a clean house, dinner, and some wonderful gifts.  The amazing cake was baked by Little Sis and decorated by Big Sis.  The gourd was grown, dried, and decorated by Eöl; he carved the lid from a piece of firewood.  It's one of a kind, because he swears he'll never make another one..it was too much work, not to mention he nearly punctured an artery in the process.  I think I'm a pretty lucky gal to have such great kids, and a husband that would risk death to make my birthday special. :P


Woot!! A gardening cake!!!


The kickass rabbit is supposed to be me.




The girls also got me a much needed new keyboard.  But now I can't blame my typos on sticking keys...darn!

No comments: