Monday, February 18, 2008

Brownie Recipe

If you like brownies and have a hard time finding those just right, soft in the middle, crunchy on top, super rich brownies…I have the recipe for you! These are the BEST brownies I’ve ever had!

12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
4 T butter
1 C flour (plain)
1 tsp baking powder
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2 C sugar
1 (8 oz) pkg of cream cheese


Melt chocolate chips and butter together. I do this in the microwave. Stir well. Stir cream cheese into warm, melted chocolate chips until well blended. Add this mixture to a big bowl with the rest of the ingredients. Mix well. Pour into greased 13 x 9 inch pan. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.

4 comments:

Phill said...

Ooh! That looks like an excellent (and much easier) recipe. The one I have involves cocoa, which I always think is sort of a pain, since you are beholden to the particular taste of the cocoa you buy. (I once used Nestles instead of Hershey and thought it tasted weird.) This looks great!

Country Wife said...

I've had the same problem with cocoa, plus the cocoa brownies tend to come out either underdone or too dry.

Let me know how you like 'em!

jayedee said...

i've been searching for the perfect recipe to use with my new baker's edge pan (http://www.bakersedge.com/)
this sounds like it just might be it!
thanks!

Sherri said...

Yummy...makes me want to go bake!!