Monday, June 21, 2010

Just one more day...

..and the planting will be done. I hope.

I can't believe how late I am getting stuff out this year. Then again, my garden is bigger than ever, the weather doesn't always cooperate, and sometimes other stuff takes priority.

I don't have totals yet. I can say that there are over 200 tomato plants, 300 pepper plants, squash, melons, herbs, beans, cabbages, lettuce...**gasps for air**...and maybe some other stuff I can't remember, already planted. I think this is my first year of successive planting, and it wasn't intentional.

I did my very first farm market and really enjoyed it. I'll admit, I was nervous at first. Eöl laughed at me, said they weren't going to throw rocks and I had no reason to worry, I'd have fun...and he was right. No rocks and it was fun talking to so many different people, mostly about gardening. When people asked for specific plants, I wrote those down so I'd be sure to have them next year. I particularly enjoyed the young couples planning their first garden, giving them growing tips and explaining the attributes of various plants. Yes, it's a little late for veggie plants, but our farm market was off to a late start, and many people aren't finished planting yet due to the wet (sopping, soggy, lose a boot) ground. No, I didn't make a fortune, but that's really not what it's about, is it?

As you can see, I've been pretty busy. But I hope to blog a bit more regularly, at least until harvest starts.

Oh, another thing Eöl was right about: I'm a brown stick. **falls out of chair laughing**

1 comment:

Nicole and Andrew said...

markets are all about having a good time.
as for your buckets/baskets you could use plant pots & then dump them into bags :o)