Friday, June 11, 2010

'cause mom said to

Yep, I'm updating my blog 'cause my mom told me to. lol **Waves to mom** She pointed out that I hadn't posted since the 20th of last month. yikes.

So..here I am. Where have I been? Take your pick: work, garden, errands, or riding out the storms.

The garden is taking, literally, ages. Yes, it's a big garden. I'm getting pretty tired of the, "What do you mean you don't have your garden out yet?" gaping guffaw of the postage stamp gardener. My garden is done entirely by hand (not even a tiller). I can't tell you how big it is because I have no clue. I know it is at least 12,000 square feet. Yes, that is twelve thousand, not a typo.

The last comment along those lines (you don't have your garden out!?) was just a few days ago. I replied that I had a start on it, had at least 50 of my tomato plants out, 60 beans, a few odds and ends, but had so much left to do. The attitude changed pretty quickly from ha ha to oh my gosh I only have about five tomato plants. Funny how that happens, isn't it?

Once I have the garden out, I'll do a garden post with a list of plants, how many of each, blah blah blah. It may be boring to some of you, but it's easy access info for me for next year.

I probably could've had the garden done already if not for the storms. The weather is just nuts. It's been extremely hot for this time of year, not to mention humid with rain and storms like I haven't seen in years. I don't mind planting in the rain, but we've had some torrential downpours that you really wouldn't want to be caught in. I was lucky enough to make it home from work, via bike, before a particularly bad storm rolled in. By the way, biking in an overcast, ominous, thunder filled atmosphere is nothing short of SUPER COOL!!!

I hope to be back to posting on a regular basis in a week or so. If not, I'm probably dueling bean beetles, wrestling slugs (slippery little buggers), or racing thunderstorms on my bike.

ps..overlook the typos. It's late, I'm tired, and I think I hear slugs munching on my seedlings.

3 comments:

Kristen @ My Semi-Crunchy Life said...

Wow. That is a huge garden! Makes me feel silly having no clue what to do with our 12x12 garden space!

Country Wife said...

Sometimes I really envy those small, tidy, cute gardens!

Country Wife said...
This comment has been removed by the author.