Tuesday, June 22, 2010

At the tone, the time will be: Two Margaritas Past Bedtime

Beep.

So you'll forgive me if this post is scattered. But look!! I'm here two days in a row!! Can I get a Woot Woot??

Margaritas are good after a long, hot day in the garden. Also, cold pumpkin pie is good, and I happen to have made two pies today. I'm a multi-tasker.

The planting is, (apparently eternally) ALMOST, done. I have more tomatoes I want to plant if I can find room. I can make some room by moving all of those flats out of the garden and into the farmer's market, so that's the plan.

Speaking of the farmer's market, I'm not hoping to get rich quick, retire, or live off of my earnings. For this year, I'll settle for making a few bucks to pay for my seeds. The hard part is figuring out where to buy supplies. Where the heck do people get those little plastic quart baskets, other than saving them from the grocery store? Most market sellers won't let you take the basket, anyway, they just dump the contents into a bag for you. Makes sense when you figure out those things cost about 25 cents each.

Oh, yeah, and back to the garden: I still have rutabagas to plant, as well as cukes (yes I am aware they are late getting in but Little Sis has polished off last year's pickle supply so I have no choice but to grow some and wow look no punctuation I should not be allowed to drink and post).

I will be glad when the planting is done just so I can stop planting in my sleep. Does this happen to anyone else? Every night I dream I am planting stuff in the garden.

Oh, look, I just accidentally posted this unfinished post. Yep, no more tequila and posting for me! I think I'll go to bed before I do something really stupid like use the wrong form of 'there' as in "Their are too many tomatoes in my garden." Ha!

No comments: