Saturday, January 9, 2010

O M Geeee!

If you've never had homemade noodles, you just don't know what you are missing! I made my very first batch today, threw them into some homemade lasagna (all ingredients except the flour and dairy were from our very own farm), and Oooooo My!! We will never eat store noodles again!!

I looked through several noodle recipes, and finally settled on this one from Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book (well, it was new back in '85):

1 beaten egg
2 Tbs milk
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup all purpose flour

Combine in mixing bowl. Knead well. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes. On a floured surface roll dough out to desired thickness. Roll up loosely and cut into slices.

The directions said to hang the noodles to dry, but I skipped drying the noodles and boiled them in salted water for about three minutes.

I quadrupled the recipe but I think double would've been sufficient. We ended up with a HUGE batch of lasagna.

I go now to collapse in the floor and digest.

No comments: