Monday, June 18, 2012

There's no place like home

I've been on vacation!  Generally, we aren't the vacationing type.  In fact, this is probably the second actual vacation we've had in over a decade.  Our idea of vacation usually involves hanging out around the house, working in the garden, dawdling over coffee in the yard, and sipping wine and walking in the woods.

But  we were bitten by the traveling bug, and decided to take a real, honest-to-goodness family vacation.  So, we took Little Sis for her very first view of the ocean, stopping to visit family along the way.

Over the next few weeks, I'll be one of those people that bores others to tears with vacation slide shows.  But for now, I'm exhausted, so I'm only posting a few pics of some rather interesting things we came across.


First, the GIANT cross. Welcome to the Bible Belt.


They really do grow 'em bigger in the south! Well, sort of.  A visit to our old stomping grounds, and we (ok, it was me) had to act like total tourists and take a pic.


Wow...EVERYTHING is bigger in the south!  Ha! There is sort of a theme to these pics, isn't there?

This is the world's only guitar shaped music museum, I've read.  I used to live not too far from this place, but I've never been inside.



No comments: