Friday, May 4, 2012

Grow List: Tomatoes

I've mentioned that we have garden inspections for farmer's market.  In addition, there's a list we have to fill out, stating how many of each plant we have, or how many rows and their length.  No, they don't come to our gardens and measure our rows or anything. It's just a rough idea of how much of what, which helps keep folks honest.  You can't show up to market with a truck full of tomatoes if you only have six plants.  As invasive as the inspections sound, it's not so bad.  Most vendors are pitching in to help with inspections, and it's a chance to see other people's gardens and ask questions about their methods.  Everyone gets a chance to learn something, or at least say, "I didn't know you could do that!"

I've opted to make my own list, in place of filling out the form we were given.  There's not enough room on the form to list the varieties and miscellaneous plants.  I thought I would list them here, as well, just for my own reference, and for fun.  Well...when you seed over 1200 tomato plants...you get bragging rights. :)  Some of them have been listed in previous posts, so ignore the duplicates.

Here's what I have so far:


Tomato: 28 varieties:                

Amish Paste – 42
Black Prince – 36
Bloody Butcher – 12
Celebrity – 72
Chocolate Cherry – 60
Debaro – 30
Delicious – 18
Eva Purple Ball – 36
Great White – 36
Green Gooseberry – 30
Green Grape – 24
Green Zebra – 36
Homestead – 24
Indigo Rose – 72
Italian Ice Cherry – 18
Japanese Black Trifele – 24
Moskvich – 72
Reif Red Heart – 36
Roma - 144
Rutgers – 12
Striped Cavern – 42
Striped German – 30
Sub-Arctic Plenty – 18
Sungold Cherry – 102
Sweet Pea Currant – 72
Tess’ Landrace Currant – 30
Tiny Tim – 36
Yellow/White Cherry – 42
1206 total

Peppers:
Ace Pepper – 72
Big Jim Chili – 72
False Alarm Hybrid – 32
Keystone Resistant Giant Bell – 72
King of the North – 23
Serrano Chili – 36
Thai Hot – 42
398 total

Black Beauty Eggplant – 72
Japanese White Eggplant – 72 (poor germination/maybe 25 plants)


*Thyme – 36
*Sage – 90
*Viola – 108
*Sweet Basil – 24
*Goji Berries – 72
*Serata Basil – 48
*Oregano – 66
*Queenette Basil – 36
*Amethyst Basil – 72
*Blue Spice Basil – 24
*Nasturtium – 25
*Calendula – 36
*French Marigold – 36
*Cilantro – 30
*Borage – 29
*Gypsophila – 19
*Dahlia – 11
*Portulaca – 60
*Bird and Butterfly Mix – 29
*Tall Snapdragon – 30
*Sweet Annie – 72
*Bronze Fennel -72
*Dill – 30
*Northern Lights Flower Mix – 15
*Planters of mixed herbs

Burgundy Okra – 48
Okra Clemson Spineless – 24

Asparagus – 72
Tomatillo – 72
Husk Cherry – 108

Cucumbers:
Jelly Melon – 72
Sikkim – 72
Miniature White – 72
Mexican Sour Gherkin (mouse melon) – 144
Chicago Pickling – 72

Gourds:
Luffa – 18
Bushel – 3
Bottle/Birdhouse – 24
Apple – 24




*Lettuce – 15, 2 window boxes, mixed gardens



 *number at present; on consecutive seeding schedule


I don't have the squash and melons all started yet, and those that I do, I don't have typed up for my list...and I'm too lazy to go find my notebook right now.  Then there are the other things I'm starting, like Lemon Gem marigolds (the edible ones) so expect an update on this list!

The Celebrity and Roma tomatoes are for my garden, plus I'll plant at least a few of each heirloom that I have listed.  I hope to sell quite a few at the market, and I'll plant whatever I don't sell.  The cherry tomatoes will mostly be planted here, as well, so that I have plenty for the Tomatosaurus Rex (long story) as well as a nice variety to sell at the market.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a cherry tomato that is blooming!!!