- The Goji berries are germinating! ---Note the exclamation point. I am far too excited about this. I think I will start a second plug tray since Eöl likes the idea of a grove of Goji berries in our field, and I'd still like to have some plants to sell.
- I've opted not to return to work this season. I'll be babysitting Chipmunk and expanding our garden, plus doing the Farmers Market twice a week. Still, I will really miss my job. I love the people and the plants, the hours to myself just tending plants, the unwanted plants in need of a new home...and did I mention the hours to myself just tending plants (and getting paid for it).
- Every time I plan to work on the greenhouse, we get huge wind gusts. What. Is. The. Deal.
- We are now the proud owners of a pickup truck. I imagine trips to the feed store will be much easier. How much corn can one haul in the back of a Soul? Only four bags! Picking up supplies for redoing the greenhouse will be easier, as well.
- I'm starting to think we may escape February without a major snow storm. That will be the first time since I moved to Ohio 14 years ago.
- Gato Negro Moscato wine is not too bad, but I think I prefer Barefoot.
- I was attacked last week...by a goose. One of my own ungrateful little bastardo geese. If I had had time to process him, he'd be dinner this week. He has been staying out of my way since then; I guess he realized that when you have a neck that is two feet long, it is unwise to bite a woman with a machete on her belt.
- It's probably a sad thing when being attacked by a goose and finding ladybugs in the woodpile are the most exciting things that have happened in a while.
- I need to balance my checkbook.
- Jalapeno potato chips are too hot, and yet I can't stop eating them.
- I should be in bed; it's after midnight; I may turn into a pumpkin.
- Pumpkin pie sounds really good right now.
- I am obviously running out of things to say.
- My internet keeps logging me off, which, in turn, is making me say bad words.
- I'm pretty sure that, one day, my pic will show up on the People Of Walmart website. Oy.
- As I said, I should be in bed.
Saturday, February 25, 2012
Random Blog Vomit
I've been busy/tired lately, so haven't posted as much as I'd like. I know I should do a nice post about ...something....but I'm kind of blank right now and can only think of random tidbits/updates. Think of it as a clip show. lol