Thursday, November 24, 2011

So...full...can't...type...*gasp*


Strawberry pavlova.
Pumpkin pie with Nightwood logo.


I am so stuffed, I feel like a turkey!

Our Thanksgiving menu:
  • Turkey (from the yard)
  • Mashed potatoes, which were from *oh the horror* store bought potatoes.  We had a horrible potato harvest this year, and Aldi had potatoes on sale: 10 lbs for $1.49, so I picked up a bag.
  • Green beans from the garden
  • Turkey gravy
  • Rolls from scratch
  • Sweet potato casserole, but I actually used squash instead of sweet potatoes.
  • Stuffing, from a box. *sigh* I know, but my family loves that stuff, and it's easy...and cheap - .89 a box at Aldi.
  • Pavlova
  • Pumpkin pie, made with our own pumpkin.
I remember when I hated shopping for Thanksgiving dinner, since I'd spend so much and still need to shop for the rest of the week's groceries.  This year, I bought potatoes, butter, stuffing, cool whip, strawberries, pecans, sugar and flour, so our total spent for Thanksgiving dinner was about $15.


Homesteading, gardening, and from-scratch baking are the things I am most thankful for this year.  Oh, and of course that new washer and dryer. ;)  What are you most thankful for?


No comments: