Friday, October 22, 2010

Stick me with a fork, I'm done!!!

Ok, not completely done. I'm still going to pick rose hips for jelly, and I still need to make blackberry jam. The blackberries are in the freezer, and the rose hips may end up there, as well, until I get a chance to get to them.

I haven't even done a full count of everything I put up this year. We've already been using some of the canned tomatoes, but I think we'll have enough to last until next harvest.







This pic was taken before I moved the stuff out of Big Sis' room. There's more squash in the freezer! The potatoes pictured are only a fraction of what we dug up. The rest are in feed bags in the garage.

Our first freeze was last night, and our first heavy frost was just last week. Now it's time to start the garden cleanup and prep for next year.

9 comments:

becky3086 said...

Well done!

Nancy said...

We haven't had a freeze yet, let alone frost. Crazy around here. I'm still picking peppers and a few green tomatoes. Ready for the canning to be done as well. :)

Country Wife said...

No frost yet? Lucky!! We're in sort of a cold belt.

Xena said...

How cool are you? Way cool I say! Found your blog through Going Green.

Country Wife said...

*blush* Thanks, Xena!! So glad you found me!!

Nicole and Andrew said...

wow thanks for posting pics of your pantry it is a beautiful site to see all those jars & produce :o)
you should be extremely proud of your self for all your hard work to feed your family though out the year

Country Wife said...

Nicole, thanks for asking for the pics, or I never would've gotten around to posting them! lol And thanks so much for the encouragement!

Kristen @ My Semi-Crunchy Life said...

Wow! I am so impressed.

We have a little 12x12 garden box in the back yard that I want to turn into a vegetable garden. I think Beanie will love it. I need to start doing some research & prep.

Country Wife said...

Thanks!! My first garden wasn't much bigger than that; it's easy to get carried away (mine is now about 12,000 square feet).

If you have any leaves, toss them into your garden spot. They compost all on their own and you'll have some great soil for spring.