Saturday, February 9, 2008

Spring Fever

I placed a huge seed order with www.rareseeds.com . Now I'm waiting..and waiting..I'm so ready for spring! I'm just dying to get the garden started.

I thought I'd post a few pics of some of last year's harvest, just to hold me over till spring finally arrives. lol







This is not all of the harvest, of course. Just a sample. Actually, most of this was one day's worth of picking, which we did about every two or three days.

The produce pictured above, plus tomatoes, lettuce, radishes, turnips, and carrots pretty much made up our diet for the summer and fall. Of course we also had lots of fresh bread with real butter. A typical meal would be green beans cooked with a dab of butter in the pressure cooker, sliced tomatoes, sliced cukes, and fresh bread.

Now I'm getting hungry. :) There's just nothing like growing your own food.

No comments: