Tuesday, November 6, 2007

It's that time of year again...

..and we are naked up here on the hill. Well, I feel naked, anyway. The leaves have almost all fallen, and you can see our house from the road (not our road, but still..)! That tornado that came through during the summer must have taken out more stuff than I realized, because I know we weren't so exposed last year.

What is it about this time of year that is so exhausting? Or is it just me? I realize I am trying to do a year's worth of work in about a month, but I still should not be so tired on the days that I'm just piddling in the house. All I got done today was cleaning the oven (self clean, all I had to do was vacuum the ashes) and some laundry. Oh, and bake some bread. Not a huge deal of work, really, and yet I'm sooo tired! The kids are the same way. They are in bed already, and it's not even 10 pm! For the kids, it could be the time change. For me, I was tired before the time changed, so it must be the season change. I'm this way every year in the fall. I haven't updated my blog much, because by the time I get a chance to sit down and blog, I'm too tired to string a sentence together.

Tomorrow is our anniversary! Of course it would fall in the middle of the week, when DH has to work and I have to haul the kids here and there, but it's still a special day. We'll probably walk in the woods or have coffee by the fireplace. We're happy just to spend time together, and we'd rather be alone together than in the middle of a crowded restaurant.

Happy Anniversary, Love! I love you!

No comments: