Monday, May 25, 2015

More column links

It's spring, and that means things are busy at the farmstead. With my return to work over the last couple of years, things have really gotten hectic. It's hard to keep up with mowing, planting, housework, and writing all at once.

But I bet I'm preaching to the choir, right? We all have busy lives and many of you that read here are likely working toward some kind of self-sufficiency. Unless you are just stopping by to say, "Look at what this crazy woman is doing now," which is fine. Having an audience for my insanity just makes things more fun.

The column is doing well, and I am thoroughly enjoying the adventure.

My recent columns have included advice on growing squash, the office Dandelion Wars, and of course the awesomeness of chickens.

Most columns are reminiscent of things I've discussed here, and even include pics from the blog, so many of my faithful readers (both of them) may be familiar with the topics already.

It's a lot of fun to bring in a new audience, especially a local one. The Dandelion Wars column was very popular, with folks choosing Team Dandelion or Team Emerald Lawn, but I owe that to our amazing social media guru, who posed the question of team loyalty via Facebook.

Check out the columns, and if you have any great ideas for an upcoming column, leave a comment here at the blog. Feedback is always welcome!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad you are having fun and success - a great combination.