Friday, July 4, 2014

100 Days of Homesteading Happiness: Day 11



It's Independence Day. The Fourth of July. The day fireworks will, quite literally, scare the poop out of our dogs, wake us up throughout the night with dreams of zombie apocalypse, and perhaps set fire to neighboring woods.

It's the day people wake up early for parades, while those of us that can sleep in do exactly that. 

It's the day I will spend outdoors, possibly barefoot and up to my ankles in garden dust.  And just like any other day, I revel in my freedom to be who I am.

I am certainly thankful to those that gave their lives for our freedom, and those who continue to serve our country.

However. there is no true freedom until we are all equal. We live in a country where many are denied the right to marry; where it is LEGAL to fire someone for being gay or trans.  It's time to step up to bat, to take a stand, and to say, "Enough!". 

Everyone deserves freedom. Everyone deserves their #100HappyDays.

Take a stand. Visit the Human Rights Campaign website for a place to start. 

Happy Fourth!

No comments: