Friday, June 27, 2014

100 Days of Homesteading Happiness: Day 4


When I lived in the city, I grew roses.  Lots of roses: hybrid teas of all shapes, sizes, and colors, not to mention fragrances; shrub roses; carpet roses; and every rose in between.

I still have a few roses, but they are "property of Little Sis" who insisted we needed them.

Mostly, I do veggies.  I have a lovely perennial garden that is made up of unwanted orphans from the wholesale greenhouse where I used to work.  Not all of them lived, though. I have this delusion that I can save that half-dead..ok..mostly-dead...astilbe/fern/whatever. I can bring it back to life! It's ALIIIIVE!! Alive, I tell you!! *hooks up lightening rods*

And though perennials are lovely to look at, you can't eat them (most of them, anyway), and I'm a foodie, deep down (mostly around the middle..but I digress).

I can't wait to whip up some fresh salsa. I want that tomato basil tart..NOW.  I am an impatient foodie.

Until that time, however, I have lovely flowers to bring me happiness. :)

No comments: