Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Bit windy out....

Hurricane Sandy is in full roar outside.  We've got a layer of snow and I can hear ice/sleet hitting the house.  I'm in no hurry for the sun to come up since that means I have to go outside for chores...brrrrr!  The wind chill is 21 degrees.  Of course we are very lucky compared to others hit by the storm, so I'm not really complaining.

I haven't felt much like blogging lately, and I guess it shows.  I've been busy with the real world, spending time with Chipmunk and hauling Little Sis from one thing to another.  But, now that I've got a whole new schedule and am up before the sun, I may try to get back to posting regularly.  There's not much else to do this early without waking up the entire house or traipsing around outside in the dark.

I've noticed other homesteading bloggers wandering away from the blog-o-sphere, as well.  I guess it's just that, after blogging about homesteading for so long, it's really just lather, rinse, repeat.  Sure, every season and every year bring new challenges, but it's always busy, busy, busy with little time for blogging about what we're up to.

And really, how many times do you want to read about planting, harvesting, canning, etc?  I hope the answer is "regularly", since that's pretty much what you'll get here, along with the occasional rant about...something...anything...everything...

I have some pics I want to post, so I hope to get around to those tomorrow.  Dates of first frost, notes about weather, blah-de-blah.  But for now, I'm off to tackle this distracting mess on my desk.  I couldn't even find a pen yesterday and ended up balancing my checkbook with one of the pile of crayons here by the keyboard.  And I'd thought my years of writing things in crayon were over... lol.  Thankfully, grandchildren come along to keep us young, right?


2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Glad you're weathering the storm ok. We're too far inland for anything....but hopefully we'll get some rain out of it. We're still technically in a drought.

Anonymous said...

I'm always up for harvesting, canning, etc. since that's what my life (in between work schedules) is about.... Glad you are weathering the storm.