Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Monkey Bread


I have no idea why this stuff is called Monkey Bread. Do Monkeys like it? Eat it? Fling it?

Anyway....

The basic recipe for the dough can be found here. I use that bread dough recipe for just about anything baked and yummy. lol

I made a loaf of bread, and since I only needed one, used the leftover dough to make this Pull Apart Monkey Bread.

Use one half of the bread dough recipe, unless you want a LOT of Monkey Bread. Let the dough rise once, then shape into small balls, dip in melted butter, and roll in a mix of cinnamon and sugar (the size pictured used 1/4 cup melted butter, 1/2 cup sugar, 1 tsp cinnamon). Place dough balls in greased bunt or angel food cake pan (or any pan, for that matter). Drizzle any leftover butter/cinnamon/sugar over balls. Let rise. Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes.

Watch out for monkeys!

2 comments:

Kristen @ My Semi-Crunchy Life said...

Yum! I love monkey bread. I cheat and make it with the little Pillsbury rolls that come in the can though. Its a holiday staple around here.

Country Wife said...

Thanks for the comment! Monkey Bread lovers unite! lol (Sorry...lack of sleep makes me silly. )